Six Foot Track — 3 day trekking adventure
Day 1: Black Range camping ground to Jenolan Caves House
We will park at cars at the Explorers Tree just a few KM out of Katoomba . We will be transferred to Black Range to start our walk into Jenolan Caves House. On the way, we will pass the pretty Jenolan Cottages, as we head down Binoomera Ridge and pass stunning Carlotta Arch before arriving into Jenolan Caves. If we arrive early, we might be able to catch a guided tour of the Jenolan Caves.
We will spend the night at the historic Jenolan Caves House in a classic room, where we will enjoy a two-course meal + cheese in the historic Chisholm’s Restaurant.
Walk: Approximately 10kms. 3 hours walking with breaks. Walk: Medium grade
Day 2: Black Range camping ground to Coxs River
Together we will enjoy a delicious breakfast in the restaurant. A transfer has been arranged early this morning back to Black Range , where we rejoin the trail and start our hike down to Coxs River and the famous Six Foot EcoLodge. Today has many downhill sections so walking poles will come in handy as we will be descending 800 metres over the course of the day. We follow the fire trail passing through wooded country past Mini saddle with views ahead to the valley.
After a long walk, we will arrive early afternoon at the famous EcoLodge , here we get to share stories over a large campfire; and enjoy each others company, as we are close to the Cox River, if you are keen, you could always go for an afternoon splash !
We’ve booked a full cabin hosting upto 16 people, the cabins are fully equipped with sturdy wooden bunk beds, warm woollen bedding (incl. bed sheets) and in winter are heated by slow combustion fires for a comfortable night’s sleep. The campsite has a composting toilet and basic bag camping shower.
Consider it good news, but this campsite is totally off grid. Power comes from solar panels and is limited.
Tonight our hosts will cook us a campfire meal, such as a meat stew, for those with dietary requirement, with notice, you can be catered for. Local wines are available at the campsite, or you can BYO and don’t forget the marshmellows.
Walk: Approximately 17kms, 5 hours walking with breaks,Walk: Medium to Hard grade
Day 3: Coxs River to Explorers Tree
After a healthy breakfast, we will follow the trail via the pretty river to the historic Bowtell Swing Bridge and exciting river crossing. The trail then meanders through the forest and we pass through to Dryridge Estate Winery in the Megalong Valley with spectacular views over the Blue Mountains escarpment. depending upon our timing, we may enjoy a wine tasting before getting back on the trail . We reach the final steps that will take us through the rainforest gorge of Nellies Glen. Ensure you stop to look up at the spectacular escarpment above you as you make the climb. We reach the finish of our the trail near the Explorer Tree.
Walk: Approximately 15kms. 4 hours walking Medium grade
Whats Included :
Your 3 day trekking adventure includes:
- Transfers from Katoomba to Black Range
- Accommodation in a Classic Room with ensuite at Jenolan Caves House – Twin Share
- 2 course a-la-carte Dinner + Cheese in Chisholms Restaurant at Jenolan Caves House (wine not included)
- Full Breakfast in Chisholms Restaurant
- Packed lunch to eat on the trail
- Transfers from Jenolan Caves Hotel to Black Range
- Accommodation at ECOLodge on 6Ft Track (cabin style)
The cabins are fully equipped with sturdy wooden bunk beds, warm woollen bedding (incl. bed sheets) and in winter are heated by slow combustion fires.
- Dinner – all you can eat meat stew cooked over the camp fire for 6 hours and served with mashed potato and rice (* vegetarians and Gluten free can be catered for)
- Breakfast – continental style buffet breakfast includes selection of museli and cereal with milk, special lodge scrambled eggs (free range), bacon, toast & sourdough bread, home made marmalade & jam, tea and plunger coffee
- Take-away lunch – including wraps with smoked meat, cheese, home made spread & veg, nut bar or fruit.
- Trail mix to enjoy during your walk
- Professionally guided by Wilderness First Aid and Fitness Certified Leader, including Full First Aid Kit, PBL Beacon, Walkie Talkies.Exclusions :
- Transport from home to and from Explorers Tree , recommend car pooling
- Personal expenses at hotel and eco lodge
COST : $750 for 12 -16 hikers $850 for 8 -11 hikers
To secure your spot : Request a Brochure and Booking Form
Contact : email@example.com ph : 1800 101 737
Initial deposit of $250 is required ASAP, Non refundable after 8 confirmed trekkers
Second payment $250 due 30th July 2019
Final Balance due 30th August 2019
Single Supplements available at Jenolan Caves house Add $100
to request a Brochure and Booking Form